You’ll find Svefi’s hostel in the middle of Haparanda, right by the town square, about a 10 minute walk from the bus station.
Our hostel offers a fully equipped kitchen and free wifi. Each room has its own bathroom and shower, and most rooms also have cable TV.
IKEA, Finland, Tornedalens museum and Aines art museum are all within one kilometer from the hostel.
- Please contact the reception in advance if you expect to arrive during a weekend or at a time when the reception is closed. You can find the contact information in your booking verification or under “Contact and Maps”, below.
- Please note that the rooms, the reception and the restaurant are in three separate buildings around the town square:
— The reception is in Svefi, the school building. That’s where you check in. Enter through the doors that face the square. When inside, take a left and you’ll find the reception area.
— The rooms are in the yellow buildings next to Haparanda Town Hall, right across the square from the school building. The reception will tell you which building your room is in.
— The restaurant is on the school’s courtyard. Here you can eat breakfast every day, and lunch every weekday.
You can find a map to the school, the rooms and the restaurant under “Contact and Maps”.
- The restaurant serves lunch Monday to Friday every weekday. Lunch during weekends, or dinner, is only available to groups and must be booked beforehand.
- Once your booking has been received, you’ll be sent a verification that details your stated number of guests, price, class of room, and other products and services to be delivered by the hostel.
- You must be at least 18 years of age. Guests younger than 18 must have a guardian present. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if you can’t provide legal identification when you’re checking in.
- You’re free to cancel your booking until 17:00 (5 PM) on the day of your expected arrival.
Check in, check out
- You can check in on weekdays between 15:00 – 17:00 (3 PM – 5 PM).
- Please contact us if you need to check in at another time of day.
- Please check out before 11:00 (11 AM).
- It is possible to check out later than 11:00, but you need to contact the reception at least one day in advance. If you check out later than 11:00 without a prior agreement, you will be charged with the price of one extra night.
Children and extra beds
- No extra fee! Children under the age of 6 can stay for free if you only use the regular beds in the room.
- No extra fee! Children under the age of 2 can stay for free in a baby crib we provide.
- Older children or adults using extra beds are charged 280 SEK per night.
- Only one baby crib per room.
- Pets are allowed on demand. You will be charged 150 SEK per pet.
Accepted payment cards
- American Express
- Union Pay
- Diners Club
- We reserve the right to validate credit cards before your expected arrival.
Responsibilities in case of damages
- The guest, or the person listed as guarantor, is held responsible for any damage caused to the rooms due to carelessness or unjustified behaviour by the guest.
- Smoking is not allowed in our rooms. As violation of this rule will require extra cleaning, the guest (or the guarantor) will be charged an additional 1500 SEK upon check out.
- Safe booking. When you book a room with us, your personal information is encrypted and protected.
- No booking fees. You will get our lowest prices if you pay with a card during booking.
- No extra fee! Wifi is free and available through the entire hostel.
- No extra fee! There’s a basement garage under the hostel as well as a free public parking area about 50 meters from the hostel. (Spaces in the garage or the public parking area can’t be booked.)
- Summar: Golf court (about 3 km away), boat trips to Sandskär, fishing
- Winter: Snow castle, dog sled, fishing
- Meeting-, conference- and banquet facilities. Transfer service (with additional fee). Menus for special diets on demand.
Contact and Maps
The reception’s open hours:
Monday – Friday: 12:00 – 18:00 (12 PM – 6 PM)
Saturday – Sunday: 15:00 – 19:00 (3 PM – 7 PM)
Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 14:00 (8 AM – 2 PM)
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
(Usually we’re open until 17:00 (5 PM), but the reception is on limited staff due to the Corona pandemic.)
Check in, weekdays:
Between 15:00 – 17:00 (3 PM – 5 PM)
Check in at other hours is possible upon agreement.
+46 (0)922 – 688 00
953 32 Haparanda
Please note that the rooms, the reception and the restaurant are in three different buildings around the town square.
— The receptionen is in Svefi, the school building. That’s where you check in. Enter through the doors facing the square. When inside, take a left and you’ll find the reception.
— The rooms are in the yellow buildings next to the Haparanda Town Hall, right across the square from the school building. The reception will inform you which building your room is in.
— The restaurant is in the school’s courtyard. Here you can have breakfast every day and lunch every weekday.
Click on the plus button in the left-hand corner of the map to zoom in.
The green arrow marks where the school (Svefi, Sverigefinska folkhögskolan) is. That’s where you’ll find the reception.
The blue dots mark the rooms and the restaurant, Minerva.
Overview of Haparanda town square
Use the field below to find and book a room. We’ll be in touch with your verification as soon as possible.
After you’ve clicked the Search button, you’ll find the prices next to each room’s description.
If you want to contact us, please call +46 (0)922 – 688 00 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.